The History of the Cathedral
First designed by Arthur Blomfield, the Cathedral was originally built in 1882 as St Thomas Church of England. In 1887, further work on the church was done and the chancel was added. It stayed as a Church of England Church for another 78 years before being bought using the St Nicholas Charity Trust by Greek and Cypriot business magnates. In 1965 it was officially converted to a Greek Orthodox Cathedral. During the 90s, the church had a designated bishop (hence the term Cathedral). The church has since been a spiritual centre for Orthodox Christians in West London and a cultural centre for Greeks and Cypriots alike.